1 Medium Zucchini
1 tsp (4g) Olive Oil
1-2 slices Onion, chopped
1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Carrot, diced
10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1⁄4 cup (42g) uncooked Quinoa
1⁄2 cup Water
Dried parsley / dried spices (optional)
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise & scoop out the flesh with a spoon or melon baller. Chop the flesh & set aside.
2. Heat oil in a medium sized pan on medium-high heat. Add onion & garlic, cook until onion starts to get transparent & garlic just starts to brown. Add diced zucchini flesh, carrots & tomatoes. Cook for a few mins allowing flavours to merge & veggies to soften a bit.
3. Stir in dry quinoa. Add water & bring to a boil. Cover & reduce to a simmer. Simmer 10-15mins until quinoa absorbs most of the liquid.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°. Line a small casserole dish with foil & spray with cooking spray.
5. Sprinkle zucchini with spices, your Quinoa should be about done. Scoop the mixture into the zucchini boats, keep note there will be left overs.
6. Top with a bit of dried parsley & bake uncovered for about 15mins allowing zucchini to soften & stuffing to dry out just a bit
Recipe courtesy of Julie Masci, New Life Nutrition