500g kangaroo mince
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 packet of salt reduced tomato paste
1 onion, chopped
4 mushrooms, roughly chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 zucchini, grated
1 clove of garlic
1 cauliflower, blended
1 packet of mountain bread
small tub ricotta
1. Heat oven to 180°
2. Splash/spray some oil in a pan. Fry garlic & onion, add mushrooms.
3. Cook mince then add tomatoes, zucchini & carrot.
4. Mix in paste & herbs. Add blended cauliflower. Simmer all until mushrooms soft & tomatoes soften.
6. In a separate tub, mix ricotta & spinach.
7. In an oven dish place a layer of bread, a layer of meat mix, repeat layers again, then a layer of ricotta/spinach mix on top. Break up a piece of bread to add some crunch to the top.
8. Bake at 180° for about 20mins.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Masci, New Life Nutrition