450ml salt reduced veggie stock
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp ginger, grated
2 tsp turmeric
1 Tbsp ground cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
4 Tbsp natural yoghurt
2 Tbsp chopped coriander (optional)
1. Brown chicken in pan (to seal, don’t fully cook) & put to one side.
2. Pour half the stock over the onions in a pan, simmer gently for 10-15mins or until onions soft. Add a little extra water if the stock reduces too much.
3. Add garlic, ginger & spices to the pan & cook for 2-3mins, stir well to prevent burning.
4. Add remaining stock & chicken, stir & simmer very gently for 10mins.
5. Take Korma off the heat, stir in yoghurt & coriander, season to taste.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Masci, New Life Nutrition