2 Tbsp coconut oil
500g lean steak/roo, diced/strips
1 medium brown onion, cut in wedges
4-6 mushrooms, sliced
2-3 tsp almond meal (depends on texture)
150g Greek natural yoghurt
100g cottage cheese
2 Tbsp salt reduced tomato paste
1⁄2 cup salt reduced beef stock
1 Tbsp chopped parsley
4 cups shredded cabbage
1. Steam cabbage until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, add coconut oil to a pan, stir fry meat until half cooked, remove meat & set aside.
3. Cook garlic & onion until soft (5mins). Add mushroom & cook until soft (2- 3mins).
4. Mix almond meal, yoghurt, cottage cheese & tomato paste in a mixing bowl, add to pan with beef stock.
5. Return meat to the pan & simmer until cooked. Stir through parsley.
6. Serve with cabbage in place of fettuccine.
Recipe courtesy of Julie Masci, New Life Nutrition